[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Product purchases question
- Subject: Product purchases question
- From: "Matt Jackson" <..hidden..>
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:05:13 -0400
I am trying to train myself in LedgerSMB and am confused on a few points. My business is retail, I order goods from vendors to sell over the internet. I am just going to ask the questions one at a time, so I don't trip over myself.
1. I would like to enter an order for product I have made, paid for and received from a vendor.
Do I use
- "AP > Add Transaction"?
- "AP > Vendor Invoice"?
- or should I use something more like "Order Entry > Purchase Order"?
What are the distinctions? I am afraid the manual has a flowchart to it (pg. 28), but I am not grasping how to "move" these things from one status to another...what is the procedure?
I guess from the above in my case, if I were:
- entering an old, paid, received shipment of goods from a vendor, I would just start with the AP invoice (being "last in line" in the flowchart) and mark it paid.
- entering a new paid but not received invoice, enter a purchase order and move through the steps of the pg 28 flowchart.
Is this correct and/or ideal?
Any guidance here?