Re: Login problems

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Matt Jackson wrote:
> psql
> (which gives me "postgres=#" prompt)
>
> grant all on session to ledger-smb
>
> (which was, I believe, the username I set up, according to this
> tutorial: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2236136 )
> but then no confirmation message like those CREATE MAKE DATABASE or
> whatever messages came up.

Two things, in psql you need to end each statement with a semicolon, the
database won't execute your query until you enter the ";" and press return.
Secondly, you should be able to check your postgres username by looking in
the LedgerSMB config file (don't know the name sorry). At any rate, you will
probably get an error from the grant command if you have the username
incorrect.

You might want to consider granting permissions on all the tables (I don't
know if there are good security reasons to not do this) with something like:

grant all on * to ledger-smb;

> I tried to login again at the login.pl page with ledger-smb and
> password, but got access denied and then tried to login at the
> admin.pl page with password admin as set up in above link, as well as
> a blank password field and got access denied on first, session expired
> on second.

Since you're getting session errors I am guessing that you are getting logged
into the database ok, but just in case you can verify the db login details
using

psql -h localhost -U ledger-smb lsmb-db-name

As a normal user. It should prompt you for the password for the ledger-smb
account before letting you in. Using that you can check that the user/pass in
your lsbm config file are correct. Note that using -h tells psql to use a tcp
connection to the database rather than a unix socket, which would likely have
different auth settings.

Does that muddy the waters enough? ;-)

--
Regards,