Re: Locale-specific issues?

Hi

So I am wondering....  Where are people located.  Are there
locale-specific issues you are facing? If so, what are they?

UK

"Issues" are basically tax and procedural kind of issues. Some things are pretty easy to work around and basically involve better default setup of the system for the UK (nothing rocket science). Others are a bit more difficult such as the current VAT system not *quite* compliant with what we have over here. Invoice printing is also slightly non-compliant and at least in SL it can't *quite* be made to print a completely legal invoice (but it's good enough for most people...)

There are some niggling issues which can be worked around such as VAT rounding the wrong way occasionally. Also tax being tied to the customer or the "part", whereas for most jurisdictions it's based on the delivery address, etc.

Also I noticed that it's not easy to handle second hand sales where the VAT is based on a margin basis, ie you pay tax only on the amount of profit, not on the total sale price

Nothing major for the UK, but it would be nice to get some of the above smoothed over a bit.

Cheers

Ed W