Re: LDAP (and Asterisk) integration, was: New user question: egroupware

On 17 Nov 2006, at 18:37, Chris Travers wrote:
... With OpenLDAP
2.1, you can build a backend called sql-back that let's you expose
    SQL tables through LDAP. It takes writing some queries custom to
the SQL application and building some tables or views to map between
    the schema. If I did this, I could reduce the duplication between
    having my customers' contact info in my LDAP addressbook and
    SQL-Ledger.
    http://nakedape.cc/wiki/ApplicationNotes_2fSqlLedgerNotes
Another (possibly better) option would be to have an option to export
LDIF files that could be imported into another OpenLDAP server.

Would this not result in entries in the LDAP schema which can be edited by LDAP clients but not returned to the L-SMB database?

In regard the whole integration of L-SMB's customer db with other apps, the biggest nightmares I can conceive are the possibility of Joe Salesman editing the company name of an entry (say in line with the customer's new CAPITALisation policy), and this getting back to L- SMB & throwing out all invoices already assigned to the customer.

I had envisioned a read-only interface to SL / L-SMB's customer db - speaking for myself I need no more to be VERY happy.

Stroller.