Re: Importing customers

Hi Charley,

I usually use COPY to import data.  For customers, there is no
downside to this and you get far fewer dead tuples :-)

On 11/1/06, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello,

I have a large customer file that I need to import into the customer
table.  It's just straight up customer data, no shipto addresses,
nothing like that.  Doing this via the command-line interface takes
north of 20 hours (used to take longer before I was able to tweak my php
scripts to handle the file more intelligently).

My question:  Is there any downside to simply using COPY in psql to
insert those records?

Charley