LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-devel] Porting to OpenBSD again

[ledgersmb-devel] Porting to OpenBSD again

I was CPBen on github.
Yes here is better.

I am updating to latest -current right now.
If anyone wants to help, that would be great.
OpenBSD has become a breeze to update now. A flash stick or drive works
fine. Development has to be done on -current only.

It seems that it might help me to be running a Linux version too.
Which one would be recommended as easy and workable on a flash stick?
I'm a total noob on Linux, now.

I posted two issues on github, one with the very minimum dependencies
that I have to add. Is anyone still using OpenOffice versus Libreoffice.
OpenOffice just isn't supported on OpenBSD for a long time.
Docker is also not an option. PostgreSQL 12+ will be the version coming
out.

We are leaving on the passenger train Amtrak back to Seattle today, so
Internet access will be sparse since most of the trip is in the middle
of nowhere.

And thanks to Mr. Ransbottom for his $100 donation to me. That allowed
me to purchase an external hard drive which I really needed to get this
work done.

Is there any reason for me to work on any version before 1.7+ also?

I and intended to work on a Mexican Spanish translation, but my passport
is expired and I need to get a Mexican accounting textbook. The
different Spanish speaking countries vary wildly in their accounting
methods, so my Spain dictionary on accounting might not be appropriate.

I use git, but not in a group. Would opening an OpenBSD branch be a good
idea?

Glad to be back again,
Chris Bennett