Re: EmptyReturn

On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 12:39:52AM -0400, R. Ransbottom wrote:

> Regarding parentheses, the one exception is '()' is an empty list
> and can be used to force list context:  '$val = () = something();'

This is not technically correct, I was trying to simplify the
issue to some helpful practice or rule of thumb.  There
are lhs lists that look like parentheses create them, the function
rule can come into play, and an operator can have particular parsing
rules.

The ' $val = () = X' construct is the analog to '@val = scalar X',
but less often necessary;  which helps support the 'list context as the
default' simplification.

Be well.