Re: Time to drop support for Perl 5.8?

The problem with this is that RHEL tends to be behind the curve with Perl versions.

On 23/03/2014 09:18, Chris Travers wrote:
Hi everyone;

Perl is moving onward and many modules have Perl 5.8 support only provisionally (Moose for example, already has a stated policy of only support 5.8 on a best effort basis).  Perl 5.10 has a number of additional features we might want to use over time and by not be stuck with 5.8 ways of doing things.

I would like to suggest a policy going forward of bumping up the major Perl version once a year or so, starting with 5.10 for 1.5.

Any feedback or objections?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech