----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Erik Huelsmann" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 19:55:13 +0100

Hi all,

As part of the idea to upload draft invoices as orders, there's also a requirement to bulk-convert orders to invoices. My current idea is to use the following approach and I'd like to hear your feedback about it.

By adding a column with checkmarks on the order search result page (for open orders), and adding a button to convert to invoices, I think we can support bulk conversion. After the button has been selected, a screen comes up which contains the fields which are on the invoice but are not on the orders. Currently, that would be the "Due date" and the "Creation date" fields. Optionally, the "Invoice date" could be required on the screen, depending on the intent of the fields used on the order.

So, two questions:

1. Do you think I'm missing anything major?
2. What comments do you have and would a workflow like this interest you as well?

(The import of invoices would support both importing draft invoices as orders and final invoices immediately posted.)

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.