Re: Idea for development

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

snip

Would there be any way to modify these screens to facilitate keyboard only use?
Would it be possible to have a key combination that would bring up a New Account screen for completion?

Yeah.  We should do this.

(This might be something where if one were in that part of the system an Alt-n would trigger a new screen (some other combination would also likely work).)

I think the first step is to evaluate the screen and send a list of what keyboard combinations would be most helpful.

My suggestion would be to have a key combination to trigger a new screen (Alt-n would be a great candidate IMO).
Tabbing through the form boxes works not too bad although it might be useful to have something when one might be able to tab 2 or more boxes (shift tab for 2 and alt shift tab for 3 for instance).
A key combination to 'check' the box would be the next request.
A key combination (likely Ctrl-s or alt-s to save the form) would complete the process.

Adopting this kind of a system (even for other forms) would be a great boon for the touch typist who is working with the system enabling speedier information entry.

 Another thing we have for 1.4 is a csv upload option, so you can write the chart in Excel and upload it.

Would there be any value to having such a chart of accounts available as an option for others?

Is there any want from the development team for someone to work with them to renew the help file/documentation?

Absolutely.  Any contributions are appreciated.

How would I go about doing this?

Darald Bantel