Re: Connecting PG via pgBouncer

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Pongrácz István" <..hidden..>
CC: "Ledger-smb-devel lists.sourceforge.net" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 19:54:50 -0700

Given that almost everything comes in as a SELECT statement, it does not surprise me that you are limited to transaction mode.

I am not really sure what you are trying to achieve from PGBouncer, and might be useful as a piece of a high availability environment, but I don't think it is going to have the information required to determine what can be safely sent to the read-only replica.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml

Hi Chris,

PGbouncer has nothing to do with the replica.

The replication happens between the two postgresql databases (master->slave with sync streaming replication), pgbouncer only manage that, which is the master. There is a utility, which manages the failover situation safely (failoverd).

The basic function (sync stream replication from master to slave) is working well without involving pgbouncer and failoverd, now I can step further to HA.

Bye,

István