Credentials

To ease development in other programming languages (Python in my case), it's crucial to understand how to obtain credentials from the system after a user has successfully logged on.  I can see there is a Perl subroutine called get_credentials() which examines the basic authentication.  But, reading Perl code (and translating it into Python) is not that simple.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to obtain the user's password once logged in?  If it is not already available (and I mean in its original, unhashed format), can it be added safely to a cookie?  Perhaps if encrypted (with, say, blowfish or some modern encryption)?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.