Re: Dojo tabs demo / using dojo in LSMB

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM, herman vierendeels <..hidden..> wrote:
postgres , also , is ready for json

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/functions-json.html

Just to clarify about JSON in PostgreSQL....

I want to see us use JSON quite a bit more as an interface specification.  I think it would make things like journal entries a lot easier to manage regarding stored procedure input.  However, managing data on input (pre-9.3) is still quite a bit of a pain.  We might be able to write some pl/perl stored procedures to get around this but  for the most part I think this is a technology to watch in this area, as it is still in active development and progressing fast.  9.3 may be a major game changer in this regard.

Where it is likely to be immediately useful however is in storing extended sets of data.  I think we should look at including this very soon, at the latest in 1.5.  Basic support for validated JSON types (with no processing of the data) is available from 9.1 with an add-on and from 9.2 by default.