Re: Time to remove support for Pg 8.3?

Hi Kaare,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Kaare Rasmussen <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi
> I was wondering what folks thought about removing support for Pg 8.3
> at this point, since there are no further releases expected from the
> PostgreSQL team.

A little late, but I'm starting to look at installing 1.4 and it's a
little disheartening to find a reference to tsearch2 when trying to install.

Why not go for at least 9.0 for 1.4? After all, isn't it a fair
assumption that people installing a new version also would have a recent
postgresql version?

Distros like RHEL are typically lagging quite a lot in the versions they support. Yet exactly these distros I would expect to be used in a business environment due to their support contracts.

The table on http://ledgersmb.org/faq#n34 states our current exact plans regarding PostgreSQL support for future versions. (8.4+ on 1.4 and 9.1+ on 1.5).

Bye,

Erik.