[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: recurring variable transactions
- Subject: Re: recurring variable transactions
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 07:48:18 -0800
On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..>
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Travers <..hidden..> writes:
Chris> Yep. We have an add-on to help with some of that in 1.3 and
Chris> expect this to
Chris> be significantly better under 1.4.
can you post some screenshots so that I can see if it has enough value
for me to go through adding on?
I will look at installing it on one of my db's and sending some screen shots. It is a very different approach to recurring transactions though and not really suitable for everyone in 1.3.
The big difference is:
* no periodic recurring logic. Instead of recurring a transaction, you have templates you can alter and post whenever the time is right.
* Template transactions stored outside of the books, and therefore don't have to correspond to real, initial transactions.