----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 03:46:04 -0800

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Chris,

Does that script require manual intervention? If not: we could set it up to run-and-commit weekly or bi-weekly to support our translators to be working off recent versions of the POT (and we can't forget to update it).

It could certainly be run periodically.  As I run it, it since I have addons checked out to a subdirectory, it includes every string in every addon as well.

The main reason to want a recent POT is because the POT holds line numbers and those need to be updated regularly as our code commits change the lines. Translators need the line numbers to be correct in order to understand the context of the translation.

Right.  Might be worth moving this to 1.3 as well?  (One of the few new backport-worthy features?)

Bye,

Erik.