Re: Where we are at on the 1.4 changelog

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
Holy crap this sounds great!

Fantastic work.

What's your sense on stability, at this point? e.g. can we assume that financial logic is sound?

Financial logic is generally sound in terms of transactions and GL reports work.

I am working on replacing the trial balance, income statement, and balance sheet.

The customer/vendor/employee logic is solid (and has been rewritten again to be more modular and with better interfaces).  Also the COGS routines have been rewritten as stored procedures and these are unit tested.

What does the upgrade from 1.3 look like -- are there scripts/tools for doing that yet?

The basic logic has been completed mostly, but we may still have a couple of changes in the db schema.  New tables of course won't be a problem with the upgrade routines we generally use.  What hasn't been done yet but will be done before the next snapshot, will be logic to detect 1.3 vs 1.4 and upgrade appropriately.

We will follow the same non-destructive  upgrade process

Really looking forward to checking this out. However we're totally slammed right now, don't see a spare moment before August the way things are looking... and I don't have a server set up with Postgres 8.4+ yet...

No problem.