Re: templates/demo & templates/xedemo ?

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> Erik,
> On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 18:42 -0400, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>> The difference is that the templates/demo TeX files are meant to be
>> processed by LaTeX while the templates/xedemo TeX files are meant to
>> be processed by XeLaTeX.
>
>   I don't seem to see any Perl module or other requirements related to
> that?  (Or I missed them...<g>)
>

>>  So, if you're seeing TeX files which are the same in both, please let
>> us know, because while that's valid for the .txt, .csv and .html
>> files, it's not for the .tex files.
>
>  The check_base.tex and letterhead.tex files, at least? The demo and
> xedemo versions have the same file size, different time stamps, and diff
> doesn't find any difference...

check_base and letterhead would be valid in both.

Right now xelatex support is not really there by the supporting
modules.  Right now this involves hacking some of the files like
LaTeX::Driver although presumably there will be new versions out soon
that may address this.

I wouldn't say it's "mainline supported."  It is something we'd like
to get there, and in the mean time it's "be or hire an expert"
territory.  And by expert I mean someone who is comfortable hacking
CPAN modules and is fairly familiar with LaTeX, and is either familiar
with XeTeX or willing to learn.