Next development 1.4 release coming soon

Hi all;

Here's what's left to do on my side.

1)  I want to move the customer/vendor history reports to the new
framework from the 1.3 framework
2)  I want to move the transactions/outstanding reports from old code
to the new framework
3)  There are some issues with database creation still that I want to resolve
4)  There are some menu tweaks that will need to happen plus a couple
of minor structural changes to the menu

At that point, the AR/AP/Journal functionality should be essentially
where it will be at the release of 1.4 aside from bug fixes, etc.
Work will be focused on moving reports over, rewriting employee and
user handling and (after that is done) payroll.

After this release I will start trying to support test instances of
1.4.  This means schema change scripts and dumps of menu_node and
menu_attribute.

The changelog for 1.4 is already impressive.  The shift in codebase
has paid off.

The current changelog relative to 1.3 is:

General Enhancements:
* scripts/* files moved to make inheritance possible (Chris T)
* PostgreSQL contrib dependencies removed, now require Pg 8.4 (Chris T)
* Performance enhancements on menu routines (Chris T and Steven M)
* Projects and Departments can now have subprojects and Departments (Chris T)
* Project/department mechanism generalized to support funds, etc (Chris T)
* Removed the Config::Std dependency and moved to Config::General (Chris T)
* Improved error handling using Try::Tiny and die (Chris T)
* Added +/- selection indicators to menu CSS (Chris T)
* Added "dynatable.html" template that can be included in templates (Chris T)
* Dynatable forms obtained through GET now show link back to form (Chris T)
* LedgerSMB->error and Form->error now show db version and company (Chris T)
* Simpler use of Log::Log4perl instead of LedgerSMB::Log (Chris T)
* Changing all auth calls to hit postgres db instead of template1 (Chris T)
* Centralized database commit for new code (Chris T)
* invoice.unit is now unbounded numeric to reduce errors (Chris T, 3516235)

New Reporting Framework
* Easy bridge between SQL and display (Chris T)
* All reports exportable to CSV (Chris T)
* All reports exportable to PDF (Chris T)
* Unified UI for reports (Chris T)

Customer/Vendor Handling
* Added sales tax id and license number fields for companies (Chris T)
* Simpified database schema (Chris T)

New CSV Import Module
* Imports GL transactions (Chris T)
* Imports AP batches (Chris T)
* Imports charts of accounts entries (Erik H)
* Imports GIFI tables (Erik H)
* Imports SIC tables (Erik H)
* Imports timecards (Chris T)
* Extensible
* field maps can be overridden

New Business Reporting Unit System (Chris T)
* Replaces Projects and Departments
* Business reporting units may be nested
* Allows one to do funds accounting, track jobs separately from projects, etc
* Report on any combination of business reporting units (up to one per class)