[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Considering merging a few things into 1.3 from 1.4, feedback requested
- Subject: Considering merging a few things into 1.3 from 1.4, feedback requested
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 19:27:40 -0700
I am thinking after 1.3.18 is released we may want to merge a few very
specific parts of the 1.4 framework into 1.3.
* LedgerSMB::App_State namespace and maintenance for tracking database
connections, locale objects an the like. Basically this is set up
during the initial request process and torn down at the end.
* LedgerSMB::PGDate object type. This is an intermediary type which
stores date and timestamp info and allows greater consistency of
formatting when sending the objects to TT.
* Similarly use of LedgerSMB::PGNumber would reduce possibilities for
hash(address) showing up when someone forgets to call format_amount.
It's an intermediary type that wraps Math::BigFloat and provides
automatic formatting when handed to TT.
These three require no new dependencies as such. I would back port
them early in a minor release cycle to minimize problems. The goal
would be to port a few of our robustness enhancements from 1.4 back
into 1.3 since our support policy is now a relatively long-term one.
What do people think?