Considering merging a few things into 1.3 from 1.4, feedback requested

Hi all;

I am thinking after 1.3.18 is released we may want to merge a few very
specific parts of the 1.4 framework into 1.3.

* LedgerSMB::App_State namespace and maintenance for tracking database
connections, locale objects an the like.  Basically this is set up
during the initial request process and torn down at the end.

* LedgerSMB::PGDate object type.  This is an intermediary type which
stores date and timestamp info and allows greater consistency of
formatting when sending the  objects to TT.

* Similarly use of LedgerSMB::PGNumber would reduce possibilities for
hash(address) showing up when someone forgets to call format_amount.
It's an intermediary type that wraps Math::BigFloat and provides
automatic formatting when handed to TT.

These three require no new dependencies as such.  I would back port
them early in a minor release cycle to minimize problems.  The goal
would be to port a few of our robustness enhancements from 1.4 back
into 1.3 since our support policy is now a relatively long-term one.

What do people think?