Re: File import plugin documentation

On 25/05/2012 12:49, Chris Travers wrote:
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Nigel Titley<..hidden..>  wrote:
One of the things high up on my agenda is writing a basic CSV file
importer. I see where to put the parsers but there isn't a lot of
documentation on how a parser should work, unless I've missed it. Can
someone elucidate?
Can you be a little more specific?  Are you looking at the
import_trans addon or something else?
I believe so. I was looking at the reconciliation screen and it has a section for imported but not reconciled transactions. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that this referred to transactions imported through the transaction importation system. I also assumed that this was the functionality referred to in section 15.5.1 of the manual. Since the LedgerSMB/Reconciliation/CSV/Formats section of the file tree is empty I assumed there were no such importers available as yet... again I may be wrong. In fact I may be completely and terminally confused.

But if there is already a means of importing transactions from a CSV file then I will send you a box of Montezuma's best chocolate truffles.

Nigel