[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Immediate plans regarding 1.4
- Subject: Immediate plans regarding 1.4
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:41:36 -0700
Over the next week or two, I would like to accomplish the following
1) Get a development snapshot out that is stable enough for the most
basic work (AR/AP/GL) and provides the basic reports.
2) Send a document to this list entitled "Writing Reports for LedgerSMB 1.4"
I don't expect to get the major advancements in web services and
payroll ready by then but hopefully within the next month or two, all
going well. Once that takes place I think we can consider 1.4 in the
alpha stage, and basically work on completing the work needed for
1.4.0's general release. However in the mean time I would encourage
anyone who is likely to have a need to be able to write custom reports
to consider donating effort to 1.4's reporting rewrite at that stage.
I think you will find that the new reporting structure, while it can
use a little smoothing out, is far superior to the previous one.