Re: Proposed naming change "Consolidate" -> "Group" (of orders, quotations, etc)

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
> Coming from a financial background, I keep feeling confused when
> looking at LSMB's menu and seeing the "Consolidate" menu item: it's
> something I associate with financial consolidation.
>
> Because that's not what it means, I'm proposing to change the naming
> of the menu and functionality to "Group". That describes the
> functionality as accurate, but doesn't have the same financial 'ring'
> to it as 'consolidate' has.
>
> Any objections?

I don't like the word "group" here because it doesn't suggest what's
actually happening to the orders.  I mean we are taking distinct
orders or quotations and closing them in favor of a single one that
includes the total of all in the group.

Hmm.... Thinking of alternatives:

Merge?  I know that makes one think of merging businesses rather than
orders, but in this context is that a problem?

Is there a better word out there?