Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.6-rc1 released

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
> István,
>

> On 2011-11-22 22:44, Pongrácz István wrote:
>> Philip,
>>
>> Now it is clear to me your point of view, you are completly right :)
>> It was my misunderstanding your requirement, in your case standard
>> package is the real solution, correct :)
>

> Yes, I already have stuff that I have to re-install by hand to get to
> work when I upgrade a server (eg qmail) but I would like to keep that to
> an absolute minimum.  There is no reason that LSMB can't be completely
> installed via RPM and, without wanting to start a distro war, I think
> the RH/Fedora/Centos environment is more the business end of things and
> should be catered for professionally . . I don't mind hacking if I have
> to - I just don't think LSMB should be in that category (unless the
> person is also a developer and is happy in that environment).

I am also not trying to start any kind of distro war!

I switched from Fedora for business use because I got right tired of
having to update every six months (or so). Upgrading sometimes left me
with issues (I am a serious user NOT a hacker so I still am not very
proficient at troubleshooting) that cost me a lot of time and
sometimes expense. So I made a decision to switch to Debian because I
liked the idea of longer term upgrade cycle. I would like to stay on
such for precisely that one reason - - I do not like to change systems
twice a year.

Darald