Re: Non-United States addresses

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM,  <..hidden..> wrote:

> I get various:
>
> 23502:ERROR: null value in column "mail_code" violates not-null constraint
>
> type errors trying to enter foreign addresses for some of my customers in
> 1.3.2. How do you all work around addresses for countries that do not have
>
> street
> street
> city
> state
> zip
> country
>
> type addresses?

Couple thoughts

1)  Are there any countries which don't use a street address (of some
sort), city, state/province, and country type address?  (Country being
necessary for international deliveries anyway).

2)  Mail code is probably something we should relax and allow for
NULLs.  I don't know how many people need it, but you could do an:

ALTER TABLE location ALTER COLUMN mail_code DROP NOT NULL;