Re: Tax account creation: how to 'detect' tax accounts?

Hi Darald,

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:47 PM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>>
>> So I'll ask the question: is there any conceivable reason why someone
>> might want to uncheck a tax account?
>
> Export sales. Years ago I looked at buying something while I was in
> Europe. Local purchasers paid 18% tax but because I was shipping the
> item directly out of country the tax was 0%.
>
> Darald

Since I'm only recently on the LedgerSMB team, I'll have to take your
word for it, but I'd thought the answer would be to create a customer
-- presumably the one in the other country - which doesn't have the
'tax applicable' check marks in the customer screen. I was assuming so
far that that prevented tax from being calculated.

Isn't that the solution? If not, what's the effect of unchecking the
tax account in the customer screen?

Bye,

Erik.