Re: OpenBSD perl required modules

Hi Chris,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Chris Bennett
<..hidden..> wrote:
> OpenBSD has lacked a few modules since I first looked at LSMB.
>
> I am working on getting those into ports so that any OpenBSD users don't need to use CPAN to
> get them.
> There are a few issues using CPAN, since the latest versions don't necessarily work properly
> with base perl module versions.
>
> Locale::Maketext::Lexicon
> Net::TCLink - I have no way to test this one.
> Config::Std
> Template::Plugin::Latex
> OpenOffice::OODoc - OpenBSD now uses LibreOffice is this still right module to use?
> Excel::Template::Plus
>
> I will report back when I get these in.

That's great! I'm running into the issue that some of these are not
available in Debian Lenny and Squeeze. Do you know why these
distributions - like OpenBSD obviously - would not have included these
modules? Any idea how to go about creating packages for Perl modules?

Bye,

Erik.