Re: Sales Tax Bug

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
> In 2.6.18, if an old invoice had a salestax rate of 1% on it,
> and that invoice is opened after the rate has changed to 2%, the tax shown
> will be at the 2% rate.
>
> That makes reversing that invoice a tricky prospect.
>
> Has this been fixed in later 2.6 versions?

Are you asking about SQL-Ledger 2.6?  Or LedgerSMB 1.2?

In LedgerSMB this is doable because you can expire tax rates and set
new ones (however, there is a db patch in sql/fixes/ required to make
this work).  I don't have an SQL-Ledger instance to check.to see if
this is doable there.  I'd check the tax table to see if there is a
field for the expiration of the tax, and then check through the
front-end to see if there is a way to set different tax rates for
different time periods.