Re: Debian environment startup and scripts

On 08/17/2010 07:57 PM, o1bigtenor wrote:
Greetings

I have had someone I know develop a script for installing LedgerSMB in
Debian. The script is written in Pearl. There was quite a few hours of
back and forth as we tried to get things to work. With a fresh system
things should go well. I am having a problem in establishing a user.

You create users through admin interface which is accessible through http://your-server/ledgersmb/admin.pl. The admin password is what you set during installation.

Here are some docs related to sql-ledger but should apply to LedgerSMB too.
   > http://ledger123.com/docs/doku.php?id=users

Is there anyone who would please be able to give a step by step
(preferably with screen shots) guide? The second thing I could use
would be 7 digit account numbers -  any suggestions as to where that
could be changed as a global variable?

You don't need to set any global variable/preference to use 7 digit account number. Just create your accounts with 7 digits.

Regards
Armaghan
--
http://www.ledger123.com/