Re: New to list + SMTP authentication when sending email

 On 16/07/10 05:11 PM, Schmiechen wrote:
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 11:50:52 Ryan MacFarlane wrote:

Hello. I am a computer science student taking an open source software
development course. I have been following LedgerSMB because a previous
employer was using sql-ledger and is switching over to LedgerSMB.

I am relatively new to Perl, so in order to better understand both Perl
and
LedgerSMB I asked my previous employer for a simple task that would
help me
with both. We have set up LedgerSMB to use SMTP authentication when
sending
email by a SMTP server.

Is this a function that the group would be interested in?

I have read in a previous post that a technical proposal should be
submitted to this list, a usage proposal submitted to the user list,
and
submit the proposal to the proposals tracker.  What would the technical
proposal include?

It is my goal to continue working with this project after the course is
finished. I feel LedgerSMB is an excellent product and the experience I
can
gain is invaluable.

Ryan MacFarlane

Do you still have this code?
I am interested in it.

Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and
focus on

The patch file should be available for download from SourceForge. It is
located under Tracker->Patches->Authentication to SMTP server for email.

If the patch file is not sufficient or you are unable to retrieve it,
please let me know.

Ryan MacFarlane
We are getting back around to this.
Nice patch however it seems you can have only one mail configuration per
installation of Ledgersmb if you store the data in Sysconfig.pm.

When hosting more than one business on a server is it typical to have a
different domain or folder for each business? Thus a different install of
Ledgersmb for each business? I wonder is this what ledger123 does?

What about configuring email per business in the defaults table?
That way there is only one installation of Ledgersmb to maintain.

Cheers
Turtle