Re: Global Namespaces

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:

Furthermore, if we agree that data shouldn't be saved to the db on a
GET request, then the XSRF benefits are the same.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of packet sniffing and
logging.
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec15.html#sec15.1.3

If you can sniff packets, you can pull POST data out as easily.
Really, that's an argument for using SSL, which we document as
extremely highly recommended.  Logging is discussed more below.

I am assuming SSL. Correct me if I am wrong, but my recollection is that the query string (I.E. get) is in the clear with SSL, whereas post data is not.
Do I have a fundimental misunderstanding or massive brain fart here?

Luke