Re: Proposed change for database installation

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Adam Thompson <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 2010-Feb-28 17:12, Chris Travers wrote:

> Since you asked so nicely :-)
>
> I think you should continue to use the PGDATABASE environment variable
> throughout, since LSMB_INSTALL_DB already indicates whether or not the
> database should be, um, "installed".  (The only other word I can think
> of is "provisioned" which is just as bad unless you work for a phone
> company...)

True.  However, the tests are also designed to be runnable against a
production db (for example to ensure that there are no overloaded
functions, that the current functions work as advertised, etc).

If we drop the LSMB_NEW_DATABASE variable, we would have to find some
other way of flagging the database as one that is supposed to be
created.  Do you have an idea in mind for that?