FreeBSD port maintainer

Hi,

A couple of months ago I began helping a little with LedgerSMB. Currently primarily with quality assurance of the coming 1.3 release with focus on FreeBSD. My initial experience showed a couple of issues related to some of the Perl ports, so I contacted The Anarcat (..hidden..), the current maintainer of the FreeBSD port, in order to discuss with him the issues. He informed me, however, that as the LedgerSMB installation he is involved with has been moved to Debian, he would be happy if I (or someone) takes over the FreeBSD port.

I have been using FreeBSD since 4.x, but I have never ported anything to it. Nevertheless, unless somebody with more experience expresses desire to take over the port, I am ready to learn porting and port and maintain the port, because this will be anyway something I should do, in order to install/run LedgerSMB on FreeBSD.

Please, let me know of your opinion.

All the best, Iv