Moving towards 1.3 release candidates

Hi all;

I would like to share my thoughts on moving towards the 1.3 release
candidates and see if there are any objections, etc.

The major issues I am aware of at present (with beta 2) are:
1)  Can't print checks from single-payment interface
2)  Installation could use a bit more automation
3)  David Mora has brought up an accounting issue on how credit notes
are handled when a customer's balance owing goes negative.
4)  Data migration scripts from SL 2.8 and LSMB 1.2 have not yet been completed.
5)  Test::Exception doesn't build on Windows.  Test::Trap has no
FreeBSD port maintained but afaik does build via cpan.  We may want to
consider running tests from these modules only on systems where the
modules exist.

The major areas where things seem less well tested are:
1)  Inventory control (mostly unchanged from 1.2)
2)  Single payment interface
3)  Workflow testing for various businesses.  (new workflows could be
added via addons however).

My current timeline on these is to address 1-2 this week, and look at
trying to get the other two or three done next week.  After that I
would like to have one more beta and if no more serious problems are
discovered, perhaps we can move towards release candidates next month.

I would like to try to have release candidates out for at least two
months so that monthly processes can be addressed and tested at that
time as well (reconciliation, etc).

Any thoughts?