Re: API to insert an AR Transaction

David,

Many thanks, why did I not think of that ?

Regards
Avron

Avron Olshewsky

+55 21 8391 9537 (Brazil Mobile)
+44 207 1837733 (UK Landline)

http://www.avrono.co.uk

"If you´re standing still, you´re really moving backwards"

David A. Bandel wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 16:30, Avron Olshewsky<..hidden..> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to insert a transaction and only a transaction
automagically, from the API documentation I do not see a Method that
looks like it would perform that function. Can anyone tell me if they
know of a technique for doing this or could explain what would be
involved. I am a Perl developer, however never touched LedgerSMB before.

The easiest way is to find out what gets pushed into the database.
What I do is ensure postgres is configured to log sql queries (edit
postgresql.conf then restart postgres), tail -f the log file, then
submit the type of transaction you want to emulate.  You'll see
exactly what ledgersmb is sending to the sql server, which is what
counts.  Then you can write a perl (or other language) interface to
mimic what was done.

HTH,

David A. Bandel