Proposal: Asset management module schema

Attached is a rough draft of a fixed asset module's schema for
LedgerSMB.  This is designed to support as many depreciation models as
possible in the future though straight-line will be the only one which
is immediately available.  My general approach is as follows:

1)  We allow certain unit classes (i.e. time or production).  This
allows a manufacturing business to depreciate office furniture n a
yearly basis while heavy machines might be depreciated ona
units-of-production basis.

2)  Asset depreciation methods (initially only striaght-line will be
supported, but other methods could be added by us or third parties.

3)  Asset life units.  As far as I can tell, the only time-oriented
unit will be a year, but various production units could be used
depending on volume produced.

4)  Assets are grouped into asset classes.  The classes track the
above information for a group of assets.

5)  Assets are then tracked as asset_items which adds usable life,
asset id/tag number, expected salvage value,   These values are
necessary to track proper depreciation values.

6)  We track reports (either depreciation or disposal) as GL
transactions, with each item being represented as at least one gl line
item per asset.  (line items need not be for an asset here either).
The reports track additionally the asset classes involved (only one
asset class per report), the date of the report, etc, who entered and
approved them, when they were entered/approved, etc.

Any feedback?