Re: Businesses using 1.3 in production

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:48:39 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> Jeff asked a while back about businesses using LSMB 1.3 in production.
>
> I will be setting up LSMB in production this weekend for a business
> which may not count in that since it will be mostly operated by my
> wife, but it will be a significant step nonetheless.  The main
> business will involve wholesale of books.  This means that the
> inventory portions will get a good shakedown as well as single-payment
> interfaces, ar, ap, multiple-payment interfaces, and the like.

That's great news, Chris.

Aside: I'm curious, are the books comparable (e.g. ISBN keyed) items, or
noncomparable unique items? (If I'm using the terminology I picked up
from you correctly)

Non-Aside: I'd like to carpe-dataset and convert my personal LedgerSMB
use (i.e. billable time) to 1.3. I'm most likely to come up with 1.3
contributions and customizations if I'm using it daily, as with 1.2.

What would the procedure be for manual conversions of datasets comprising
only the following:

timecards, sales orders, sales invoices, and receipts against sales
invoices

Jeff