Re: intermittent problem with orderitem descriptions when printing

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Chris Calef <..hidden..> wrote:
> Update on this problem:  I found a workaround, but it ended up in the
> category of _really_ weird bugs, that I refer to privately as "magic perl
> moments".  What happened was at the very end of order_details, all my
> variables including orderitem description are fine, the
> $form->{description}[..] array is loaded... but back in io.pl print_form,
> _immediately_ after returning from order_details, the {description} array
> has been trashed.  To get around it I just made another array called
> tempdescription, which doesn't get trashed, and used that in all the
> templates.
>
> Any perl gurus on this list have any possible explanation for this
> phenomenon?

First, please file a bug report on Sourceforge.

In all likelihood, the issue has to do with reference handling and/or
scoping issues.  I have a couple of bugs I expect to tackle after we
get 1.2.16 out the door which involve order entry.  I would be happy
to take a closer look at what we can do to avoid these sorts of
problems (if you are up to validate the fix).