Re: Distributed LedgerSMB Development With DVCS - Git

Hi,

Great writeup/tutorial, Jeff. Looks like there's a lot of people starting to switch to git. We've just done this internally in the past couple of months. One of the reasons was so that we could start incorporating UI changes to LSMB, pulling in the Dojo Toolkit to provide a lot better widget support on the browser (and more).

Business needs have kept me from even starting this work--but I hope to be digging in soon. At least we've figured out the code management challenges...

Meanwhile, we have a public git server set up that is tracking the LSMB Subversion repository. Anybody can browse it at http://git.freelock.com/?p=ledgersmb.git;a=summary . If you want to clone or pull from it, use git://git.freelock.com/git/ledgersmb.git . It gets automatically updated from svn every 6 hours. Right now this command will get you started, downloading a local copy of the entire LSMB history, saving you about a day of downloading:

git clone git://git.freelock.com/git/ledgersmb.git

Once we get started, you'll see some freelock branches in there... Anything we post to this git repository can be used under the same license terms as the LedgerSMB project itself.

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
Distributed LedgerSMB Development With DVCS - Git
2008-08-11
By Jeff Kowalczyk (jfkw)
<snip>