Re: Question on Addresses and Not Null constraints

On Wed, 21 May 2008 19:00:40 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> I suppose we could just drop the NOT NULL constraint from state...

Is the only reason state is marked NOT NULL is to reference a tax table?

If so, perhaps we should have a separate tax_zone, or table matching
entity_id to any number of taxes.

Free of required address fields, We could have a admin-defined
general property bag for entities (customers). I would think that's where
most of initial LedgerSMB customization comes in. Everyone seemingly has
some odd detail about their customer that they found an esoteric Outlook
field for ;)

In some cases, address might include a specific loading dock number,
addressee handling instructions, etc.

Jeff