Re: Propose changing MIME types for documents for 1.3 in new framework

Hi, Chris,

As we discussed in IRC, I think this is a bad idea to do in a blanket way--because it will make supporting IE much more challenging, and I don't see what we gain. I think it's great to send an XHTML doctype, but think we should at least make it easy to support alternative templates that can send a regular text/html mime type.

I've got a proposal along these lines coming up in my next mail...

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"

Chris Travers wrote:
Since the new framework uses XHTML, I am going to suggest sending a
MIME type of application/xhtml+xml since this is more flexible than
text/html in how it is parsed by the browser.  Any objections?

----