Useful news about DBD::Pg 2.0

Hi all;

I have just been informed that DBD::Pg 2.0.0 release candidates are now available.  I will naturally start testing /trunk on my laptop with this version to ensure it works well with LedgerSMB.

The major advantages from our side comes from the following areas:
1)  Full support for converting PostgreSQL<->Perl Arrays.
2)  Fixes relating to UTF-8 support

Note that the first issue may cause some problems for LedgerSMB 1.3 until we get some fixes in place.

I would like to suggest that *some* but not all testers work with DBD::Pg 2.0.0 while others work with 1.49.  For people wanting to test /trunk (i.e. 1.3.x) please write back to the list which version you want to test with.

At some point we should probably require 2.0.0 or higher so as to avoid too much duplicate code....