How willing is ledgersmb to accept custom code for service company?

We have been using sql-ledger for years and are running into issues with
assemblies not being updateable.
For example if I have a labor unit L1 and a part P1 and together they make an
assembly 2 X L1 per 3 + P1 = A1
so assembly A1 contains 2 L1's and 3 P1's. Now we have for example 1000
assemblies that contain basic assemblies like that say A1 - A1000
Each of those 1000 assemblies contain other building block assemblies.
Example .04 L1 + 2P = A2 or part number P2 takes .04 L1's to install and so
on.
Now we change the amount of labor in A1 to L1 = .5 we have to redo over 10,000
assemblies by hand or hack the database. Not very appealing.
In the sql-ledger 2.7 version and I believe even the current there is no way
to update the quantity of items in an assembly and have it used by all new
transactions from theat point forward.

As this is becoming immensely mission critical we are developing the code to
do this. The question is weather it would be adopted, maintained, and
supported by ledgersmb or if ledgersmb users would find that useful?

In addition we have some custom modules that total stuff in an additional
abstraction layer. As we are Electrical Contractors we make quotations. Each
part is combined with a labor item to make an assembly for a particular
installation of that part. This is very handy for estimating complex work.
However we had no way of getting a total of all the items within the
assemblies that made up a quotation/ invoice/wor order or sales order. So we
developed a module.

We schedule and track projects and job costs, however these features are
undeveloped in sql-ledger. We are working on a better time card / work order
interface as well as developing some job costing summary's.
We are also looking into making a a calander module for scheduling work orders
or making a bridge to egroupware.

We are currious about the more secure status of the GPL here in smbledger and
ledgersmb being able to roll in contributors (our) GPL code, and help us test
and develop the code.