[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Announcing 1.3.0 Beta 1
- Subject: Announcing 1.3.0 Beta 1
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:35:54 -0800
After a lot of hard work, LedgerSMB 1.3.0 is ready for beta testing. Please be aware that this is a beta-testing release and there may be unexpected bugs in places. Some things may not work as advertised. It can be downloaded from the sourceforge page (http://www.sourceforge.org/projects/ledger-smb/).
Check printing from single payment interface doesn't work. Check printing from the multiple payments interface works just fine. This will take a little more effort than anyone was able to put into it at this point. I expect to get this fixed (if nobody else does it first) early next month.
Change log for 1.3 is as follows:
Changelog for LedgerSMB 1.3.0
* Security is now robustly enforced on the db level (Chris T and Josh D)
* New user interface to manage users (Chris T and Aurynn)
Separation of Duties:
* Separate permissions for entry and posting to the books.
* Voucher/Batch system (Chris T)
* Draft system for unapproved transactions (Chris T)
* Reconciliation is now subject to separation of duties (Chris T and Aurynn)
End of Year:
* Close books and end of year transactions at once (Chris T and Aurynn)
* Cannot close books where unapproved transactions are before yearend(Chris T)
* Yearend/closed books now creates balance checkpoints for better performance
(Chris T and Aurynn)
* GL reports filter by account (Chris T)
* GL reports account is ajax-style autocomplete (John W)
* Journal Entry screen now uses AJAX-style autocomplete for accounts (Chris T)
* GL reference now populated by default in the initial screen (Chris T).
* Reconciliation is on new codebase!
* Redesigned workflow (Chris T and Aurynn)
* Optimized for high volumes (1000 transactions or more per run, Chris T)
* Plug in model for bank import scripts (Chris T and Aurynn)
* Payments are on new codebase!
* Redesigned bulk payment workflow/UI (Chris T)
* Bulk payment optimizations for high volumes (5000 invoices per run, Chris T)
* Redesigned single payment workfow/UI (David M)
* Contacts are now on new code base!
* Customers/Vendors Now Can Be Tracked Together (Josh D, Chris T, Aurynn)
* Multiple addresses and contact info stored per account (Josh D and Chris T)
* Multiple read-only notes per account (Josh D, Chris T, and Lacey P)
* Multiple bank accounts per customer/vendor account (Josh D and Chris T)
* Track 1099 or equiv. forms for customers/vendors (Chris T and John W)
* New API structure for new code (Entire Team)
* Better error handling/display (Jason and Chris T)
* Errors logged to httpd error log (Chris T)
* Cleaned up file structure for charts of accounts (Chris T)
* New UI and template system using TT (Seneca)
* Form.pm deprecated. New Object Oriented and data-driven model (Chris T)
* Added ledgersmb-smallgray.css (Jeff K)
* Stored procedure-based ORM for data model encapsulation in db (ChrisT)
* Many small forms moved to templates (Seneca)
* Timecard lists project descriptions as well as numbers (Chris T)
* Invoices can now be put on hold (Aurynn)
* New CLI database creation routines (Jeff K)
* New web-based db creation routines (Sadashiva A)
* Redesigned database schema for contacts (Josh D)
* Redesigned database schema for chart of accounts (Chris T)
* Redesigned database schema for reconciliation (Aurynn and Chris T)
* Redesigned database schema for payments (David M)
Thanks to everyone who has helped with this effort!