LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: Adding parts

> Erik wrote:

> Please find attached a replacement 'import_csv.pm' to be placed
> in lib/LedgerSMB/Scripts/.

Nice!!

In looking at the file, I see that "goods" has this listed after it.

[ qw/ partnumber description unit listprice sellprice lastcost
weight notes makemodel assembly alternate rop inventory_accno
income_accno expense_accno returns_accno bin bom image drawing
microfiche partsgroup avgcost taxaccnos / ]

I'm suspecting the "qw" is not part of the field list - correct?

So my CSV should have a header row, then on row 2 have "partnumber", then "description", etc on up to "taxaccnos"

Then, it appears I will also have to use the "inventory" script to
get "onhand" and "purchase_price" imported, correct?

What's a good way to figure out the values for "inventory_accno",
"income_accno", "expense_accno", and "taxaccnos"?  By looking at
the "parts" table  psql I see the first 3 - but I'm not sure about
"taxaccnos".  Where do I find that?

> I've tested the script by uploading an "overhead" on 1.6.17. The
> version difference should matter little, because the import file
> hasn't seen much churn over the 1.6.x release cycle.
>
> There's no menu option, but here's how to upload goods (=parts
> that are not services and not overhead):

 [snip]

The instructions look manageable.  I don't have time to test it
tonight, but hope to give it a trial run really soon!

This is wonderful - thanks!

-- f