Re: Problems with AP transactions

Earlier, I wrote :
> Erik Huelsmann a écrit :
> > On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Nicolas Couchoud <
> > ..hidden..> wrote:
> > [...]
> >       I have two problems with my first AP transaction :
> >     1) In the reports (General Journal -> Reports or Reports -> Chart of
> >     accounts), in the description field, I obtain the name of the vendor,
> >     instead of the description I wrote when editing the transaction.
> >

> > Ok. There currently is no column for the name of the customer. Would you expect
> > (the option to add) a separate column for the customer name and have the
> > description shown in the description column? (Note: the current behaviour has
> > worked for me, because I've never used the description field in the AR/AP
> > transactions...)
>
>   This is a possibility. But in fact, I dont't see the point of having the
> name of the vendor in the accounts : it is more important to know why I
> spent money than just whom I gave it.

  Three months later, I think I have better understood how things work, at
least with versions 1.3.* :
1) Column `description' in table ap does not seem to be exposed anywhere
in the UI.
2) When one types something in the `AP Transaction' screen under
`Description', it will appear in column `memo' in table acc_trans for the
expense account (which is quite non-intuitive).
  So, I can obtain what I want with Reports -> Chart of accounts by
requesting to display column `Memo' (but only in the lines for the expense
accounts).

  Did any of this change in versions 1.4.* ?

>   Something I haven't found how to do is the following. Sometimes I pay
> several invoices to the same vendor with one money transfer. I would like
> it to appear as only one line in the general ledger for the bank account,
> instead of one line per invoice, because it would make reconciliation with
> the bank easier. How can I do that ?

  After examining this in more detail, it appears that payments for several
invoices apeear as several lines in the general ledger, but only one line
in the reconciliation reports, which is what really matters.

  In fact, I suspect the difficulties I have are due to the lack of
documentation : LedgerSMB-manual.pdf is just a summary of the features, and
book.ledgersmb.org is largely incomplete.

  Regards.