Re: setup.pl error on fresh 1.5 installation

Hi,

But now there's another weird error:

Unable to open script: LedgerSMB::Scripts::setup : No such file or directory: Attempt to reload LedgerSMB/Scripts/setup.pm aborted.

What command do you use to start starman? I'm using:

 ledgersmb-root-dir$ starman -Ilib tools/starman.psgi

My script is as follows:
cd /usr/local/www/ledgersmb15/
/usr/local/bin/starman master -I lib/ --listen :5055 --error-log /var/log/starman.log --daemonize --user www --group www --pid /var/run/starman/starman.pid --app tools/starman.psgi

Ok. I think the starman invocation above has a 'master' there that's too much. As in, I think the command should be:

$ /usr/local/bin/starman -I lib/ --listen :5055 --error-log /var/log/starman.log --daemonize --user www --group www --pid /var/run/starman/starman.pid --app tools/starman.psgi

Although I wonder if this is causing the exact error you're seeing.

PS. Is there a way to say to starman where its working directory is so that it's not necessary to cd into it first? It's what makes it not possible to use FreeBSD official startup script so far.

I'm not aware of such an option, no. Which official startup script do you mean? Starman's, LedgerSMB's or a generic SysV startup script to be used with all FreeBSD daemons?

FreeBSD uses its own rc scripts. The standard one for Starman can be seen here: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/p5-Starman/files/starman.in?revision=340872&view=markup

I then defined the startup like this in /etc/rc.conf:
starman_enable="YES"
starman_config="/usr/local/www/ledgersmb15/tools/starman.psgi"
starman_flags="-I /usr/local/www/ledgersmb15/lib/ --listen :5055 --error-log /var/log/starman.log"

But that way includes were missing, configuration could not be found etc. When I use my own script then it works.

Ok. What you could do, possibly, is changing the starman.psgi file to include:

chdir "/usr/local/www/ledgersmb15";

as the first line after the shebang -- that is before any other - actual-code. If that doesn't work, you might consider:

BEGIN {
  chdir ...;
}

Hope that helps!