Re: Freedom; Re: migration to sql-ledger

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply!

In my situation to be able to delete records is not an issue.
And yes, I know deleting records is beeing considered as bad practice.

A user threatning to run away because he felt the developers were restricting
him from something which was common practice in the old 1.2 version,
alarmed me however.
So I tried to scale down and to put demands into perspective.
Discussions like this can easily become overheated.
I wanted to prevent it from getting real fire.

In my opinion LSMB is a great project!
Before I started using LSMB -1.1 it was I think- I did some research and found out
that there weren't many true Open Source full-fledged accounting programs:
Client/Server, Multi-user, SQL-based.
SQL-Ledger came close, but documentation was not free.
Thank you for forking it!
You made LSMB 100% free software.
And during the past years LSMB has become more and more mature.
Great work has been done. Thank you all!

I hope this discussion will lead into a satisfactory solution for all users.

Regards,

Marjan Waldorp,
Tux4u