Re: migration to sql-ledger

 Hi,

I am silent in the last few months, but I am still here and listening :)

Some comments in random order:

I assume when Peeter wrote about stress free working environment, it was not about your attitude, but about an ideal workplace, where the accountant can fix his/her mistakes without "trail", which makes them uncomfortable because their boss see that, they cannot register an invoice without many fixes.

Regarding to the system (lsmb), it is not easy to meet all users' demands and wishes, especially if some requests are completly against to each others, for example: gapless invoice numbering, static registered invoice data, even notes,addresses etc. versus flexible item descriptions or client data on the invoices.

From my perspective, as business owner I prefer to see any actions registered in the system, even they were mistakes, because we can learn from mistakes, too, and we could be sure, there will be no trick in the system or user. An employee can make really big troubles and that is the minimum, it must have trail in the system (logging even sent email, printed documents, exported lists like customers etc.) This is not about we does not trust in employee, but a system must ignore the human factor and must be reliable and cruel when one look into the log.

Regarding Estonian rules, as I can see, it try to be as simple as possible to help business growing. Peeter can correct me, but I assume, when a company and its client company uploads their documents (in/out invoices) they must be paired. If the government can pair these invoices, they can decide these are ok or fraud in a minute automatically and an AI (for example HAL9000 ) can make a call to these companies to fix these documents and the government can deny the VAT payback for that month/quarter or year.

So, in this case the government could provide a good trust to the companies, as there are not so much room to fraud, as every invoices will be uploaded to them which will be the basis of the tax calculation.

If one does not send invoice to the government to reduce his tax, it is ok, the government keeps the money, everybody happy, except the company who forgot to upload an incoming invoice.

If one uploads his outgoing invoice to the government, he must pay the VAT, so again, government is happy because money is coming to papa.

Even, I assume Estonian people learn to follow the rules, because the rules are not complicated (just compare to Hungary nowadays) and easy to understand the principals and benefits.

I guess there are gaps in my logic, but this could be the background, why it could be possible to modify even an invoice after issuing it, because they have to upload all incoming/outgoing invoices and that will be the basis of taxation.

I think it is not as technical but taxation topic and "issue". Anyway, a very interesting one :)

Regarding to the lot of modification about company data, description dates, discounts etc., this can happen all the time and everywhere, that is why it is called paperwar. Sometimes I miss a log about the offer modifications where I can see where we started from and what was the way and reason where we ended up. It is good for learning and tracking back compliences sometimes.

Cheers,

István