Re: Service

Hi Bob,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Bob Crandell <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Erik,

I don't think it's a bug as much as I don't understand why there is a Purchases field on the Service setup screen.  I setup another database and chose Service.sql instead of General.sql and the Income field is Consulting now.  That makes it my bad.

No problem, but I'd have expected "General" to be of general applicability... (and thus usable with both parts and services...)

Why is there a Purchases field on the Services setup screen?

Because you might not be selling the service, you might be buying it. If you then use vendor invoices to post your cost, the Purchases field is used to indicate the GL account to post the expenses on. If you're a reseller, you might need both.

Thanks and you guys are doing a good job.
Thanks !  If you find more items that need explanation, don't hesitate to write.

Bob

--
Bye,

Erik.